West Los Angeles Bioidentical Doctor, Kenneth Kafka, M.D.
Los Angeles Bioidentical Doctor, Kenneth Kafka, M.D. is a diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Academy of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine. He practiced in New York City for many years enjoying integrating holistic ideas and therapies with his traditional training.
In 1996 he moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico to study spiritual healing. Eventually he was led to Ojai, California where he currently has a practice in Integrative Medicine, combining the richness of his varied experiences and inquiries.
Recently Doctor Kafka expanded his practice to West Los Angeles, CA where he provides comprehensive care to all of his patients.
- Internal Medicine
- Integrative Medicine
- Wellness Endocrinology
- Anti-Aging Medicine
- Jan 1990 – Present: Private Practice, Internal Medicine
- July 1987 – Jan 1990: Assistant Attending Physician, Emergency Department, New York Presbyterian Hospital
- July 1987 – 2002: Clinical Instructor in Internal Medicine, Cornell University Medical College
- July 1987 – 2002: Assistant Attending Physician, New York Presbyterian Hospital
- June 1984 – June 1987: Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine at New York Presbyterian Hospital
- January 1988: Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- September 2009: Certification in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
Professional Organizations and Licenses
- Associate, American College of Physicians
- Member, The Endocrine Society
- Member, American Holistic Medical Association
- Medical Licenses: California, New York State, New Mexico, Arizona
- 1980 – 1984: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY; Degree: Doctor of Medicine
- 1993 – 1994: Robert T. Jaffe School of Energy Mastery, Sedona, AZ
- Alpha Omega Alpha (National Medical Honor Society)
- Co-author of the following clinical drug studies:
- Twice Daily Nicardipine Hydrochloride Dosages in Hypertensive Patients
- BepridilHydrochoride: An Open Long-term Study in Stable Angina Patients
- Professional Musician
- Kafka, K.R., Frishman, W. Antianginal Agents. Chapter in R.I.H. Wang’s Practical Drug Therapy, Medstream Press, 1987
- Kafka, K.R., Meltzer, A.H., Frishman, W. Antianginal Agents, Parts I, II and III.
- Hospital Formulary Vols. 20 & 21. November 1985 through March 1986.
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Pharmacology Syllabus for Medical Students, section on Antianginal Agents.
- 1968 –1972: Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, A.B.
About Our West Los Angeles Practice:
My medical practice has evolved over many years. I combine a wide variety of healing disciplines as dictated by your medical needs. My goal is to help you feel well again if you have been ill or assist in optimizing your longevity if you are noticing the inevitable changes that occur with aging. After a detailed whole person oriented medical history and physical exam, I utilize a full array of laboratory testing to determine what kinds of imbalances you might have, and then design a healing or longevity program with you. The laboratory testing can involve blood, saliva and urine testing, as well as digestive analysis and genetic predisposition testing.
Treatment can involve foods, herbs and other nutritional therapies, medications, a full spectrum of bio-identical hormone therapies, toxin identification and removal, optimizing your body’s immune system and detoxifying capacity, and helping you balance your body and your mind. As an anti-aging physician, I deal with common medical problems as well as complex ones.
Symptoms involving digestion, metabolism, cardiovascular health, allergies, and lack of vitality, moodiness, cognitive changes, insomnia, menopause, sexual health, thyroid imbalances, adrenal dysfunction and weight gain are the type of problems I most commonly see. Wide varieties of changes are associated with the various “pauses” of aging, and I greatly enjoy helping others diminish and postpone those symptoms. I emphasize prevention and aim to employ a restorative model to help you optimize your vitality, longevity and quality of life.
– West Los Angeles Bioidentical Hormone Specialist, Kenneth Kafka, M.D
As a Los Angeles Bioidentical Doctor, Kenneth Kafka, M.D. has been practicing Integrative Medicine for 25 years. He has devoted much of his research time to studying a wide variety of natural approaches to healing and combining them with his conventional background. He is an old-fashioned doctor who enjoys getting to know each patient and understand their problems within the larger context of their life. Initial visits usually take one to one and a half hours. Follow up visits are usually one half to three quarters of an hour.